Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Featured Poet: T. Raven Scott - a real poet!


Ohmigosh, I am so excited to offer you the latest in our poets who answered the call for submissions on Craigslist. I got us a bonafide poet: Scott Raven T.! An actor, poet, and writer, he’s part of The Mayhem Poets, a performance group with a mission to change the way you think about poetry shows. And he even has a poet beret, so you KNOW he's not fooling around!

“Scott Raven AKA T. Raven Scott loves carrot juice and William Carlos Williams. He is a silly sack of toys forged inside Santa's hip-hop-workshop from a mold of Frosty the snow man's nose and a Rudolph red wheelbarrow. He's a Mayhem Poet, actor and writer living in Brooklyn. Check his website and his spoken word CD, Crossing Roads Less Travelled, on ITUNES.”

Check out his videos and even buy his CDs at his website:
www.ScottRavenT.com
www.MayhemPoets.com

I hope he does a show in NYC soon! The New York Times has described their show as “The Simpsons meets Malcolm X at a Notorious B.I.G. concert.” YEAH!!!!! I'm there! Let's enjoy a brief sampling of his work.

*

Three Movie Review Haikus for T. Raven Scott

1.
Watching the Sixth Sense
I ruin the ending for Jewel
Bruce Willis Is Dead.

And now so am I.
Despite death, she still sees me
Jewel sees dead people.

2.
First rule of Fight Club...
You do not talk about it.
Poor advertising.

3.
"Force strong in this one,"
says Yoda to the Jedi.
Is he dyslexic?

*

Misc. Haikus

*

OJ killed his wife
Beat her to a bloody pulp
I like juice without.

*

George W. Bush
thought a haiku was hello
to overthrowing.

*

I wrote a haiku
without adhering to form
instead of five used six.

*

Kurt Cobain is dead
Said the shotgun to the head
Smells like teen spirit.

*

3 comments:

Kim Northrop said...

OJ killed his wife
Beat her to a bloody pulp
I like juice without.

Brilliant!

Kim Northrop said...

and good job on the Friday poets, I continue to be impressed!

David Freedel said...

I love the Fight Club poem, that's one of my favorite movies. Great Post!

 
Locations of visitors to this page