Monday, September 14, 2009

Election Day

I'm trying to do my civic duty by getting prepared for the vote tomorrow of several local city offices. This huge brochure came in the mail a few weeks ago and I have honestly tried reading it several times. But all of the text is just empty bravado. Why does this publication even exist? Who are we supposed to believe? Will they actually do the things they promise they will do for the community? How can we check on their voting record?

*

Election day blues.
You want me to vote for you,
But your words are poo.

Your propaganda
promises sound like vomits
of desperate lies.

I want to do good
but again - overwhelmed.
A useless voter.

*

1 comment:

Huck's Ship said...

You had a blue comment in your haiku, ya need to represent both sides(ya know red and blue states). how bout:

Election day blues
Swamped by all your TV ads
I see only red

 
Locations of visitors to this page