Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tourists!

Arrrrrg! Tourist season has started with a bang around the Empire State Building! So annoying! Half the people are just wandering around, absolutely stupefied by a tall building. The other half are trying to figure out how to get a good picture of it. You can't! Just buy a friggin' postcard and get on with your life!

I was born in NJ, and now live near Manhattan, so I suppose I'm jaded. I remember seeing Dallas for the first time and thinking, "is this all there is?" I suppose we really do have lots of tall buildings in NYC, and maybe I just take them for granted, but people - THEY'RE JUST BUILDINGS! To me, Central Park or the Met museum is more awe-inspiring.

So here's some haiku for today:

Camera people
try to shoot the Empire State
Building; they are fools.

*

Tourists like to gawk
and always in front of me
when I want to walk!

*

Crowded sidewalks suck!
Stupid people everywhere!
How I hate tourists!

*

Now it's your turn! What do you hate about walking on crowded sidewalks?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page